We all know that music has incredible power when it comes to our mood and energy. The right song can change the outlook of your day or how you feel especially when you’re getting your life on track.
Monday, Sept. 23rd: 1st Day of Fall
Today is the official start to Fall and I want to fall into this season with new positive energy and motivation to make some changes and accomplish new things!
I am excited for the crisp cool air, wearing blazers and light sweaters, pumpkin and apple picking and watching the leaves change color! It is hard to say goodbye to summer so some of the best summer hits are included as I leave my favorite season behind. Happy Autumn!
1) Dynamite- Taio Cruz
2) Without You- Halsey
3) Feel It Still- Portugal. The Man
4) I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift
5) DJ Got US Fallin’ In Love- Usher
6) Cruel Summer- Banarama
7) Something Just Like This- Chainsmokers
8) Summer of ’69- Bryan Adams
9) Sweet but Psycho- Ava Max
10) Give Me Everything- Pitbull /NeYo
11) I Wanna Dance with Somebody- Whitney Houston
12) Somebody That I Used to Know-Goyte
13) Dancing In Heaven – Q Feel
14 Hymn for the Weekend- Coldplay featuring Beyoncé
15) Sucker- Jonas Brothers
16) Counting Stars- One Republic
17) Beat It- Michael Jackson
18) We Found Love- Rhianna
19) Die Young- Kesha
20) Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars
21) Let The Music Play- Shannon
Memorial Day Playlist:
It’s the unofficial kick off to summer, my favorite season! I’m excited for rooftop gatherings, barbecues, beach days, outdoor concerts, runs by the water and just some sunshine and Vitamin D! I’m grateful for all those who have fought for my freedom to be here in this world pursuing my dreams!
Here is my playlist from my Memorial Day run.
Happy Memorial Day!!
1) Renegade- Bruno Mars
2) Without Me- Halsey
3) No One- Alicia Keys
4) I Live- One Republic
5) Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol
6) Whatever it Takes- Imagine Dragons
7) Something Like This- The Chainsmokers and Cold Play
8) Sober- Pink
9) Payphone- Maroon 5
10) Superheroes- The Script
11) New Rules- Dua Lupa
12) Save A Life- Snow Patrol
13) Don’t Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers/Daya
Monday April 1
Before and After a great run or workout, there needs to be a good amount of some stretching that needs to get done to keep those joints and muscles flexible.
Check out my tunes for the week as spring kicks into high gear and the final weeks of my half marathon training come to an end!
1) Clocks- Cold Play
2) In My Head- Jason Derullo
3) Pump Up The Jam- Technotronic
4) One More Time- Daft Punk
5) Are You Gonna Go My Way- Lenny Kravitz
6) Titanium- David Guerra featuring Sia
7) If I Were A Boy- Beyonce
8) Where Have You Been- Rihanna
9) It’s Gonna Be Me- N’Sync
10) Stereo Hearts- Gym Class Heroes
Monday March 4
Who Runs The World?
- Run the World (Girls)- Beyonce
- She Wolf- Shakira
- Like a Prayer- Madonna
- Rhythm Nation- Janet Jackson
- Born This Way- Lady Gaga
- Girl on Fire- Alicia Keys
- I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift
- Beautiful- Christina Aguilera
- Miss Independent- Kelly Clarkson
- Confident- Demi Lovato
- Happy Ending- Avril Lavigne
- Firework- Katy Perry
- Havana- Camila Cabello
- Umbrella- Rihanna
- Burn- Ellie Goulding
- What About Us?- Pink
Monday February 25
Life is a song, sing it!
There is not one day that goes by without me thinking about all those courageous and fearless role models before me like Dr. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and Maya Angelou who have fought for my right to be a doctor so I can help make the world a better place even if just a little bit. Watching The Academy Awards last night and witnessing Mahershala Ali win for his performance in the “Green Book” and Regina King take home the Oscar for her performance in “If Beale Street Could Talk” reminds me again that freedom in this world should never be taken for granted and that great things can happen when people persevere in life!
Celebrating Black History Month while dancing!
Click the link in bio and check out my Monday Fit List featuring my favorite black artists starting with Ms. Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul!!! Some of my favorite tunes of all time made it to this list!
Black History Month Playlist
1) RESPECT- Aretha Franklin
2) At Last- Etta James
3) Superstition- Stevie Wonder
4) Halo- Beyonce
5) Greatest Love of All- Whitney Houston
6) When Doves Cry- Prince
7) I’m Coming Out- Diana Ross
8) Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
9) Unforgettable- Nat King Cole and Natalie King Cole
10) Hello- Lionel Ritchie
11) Georgia- Ray Charles
12) Heaven (On a Turquoise Cloud) – Candice Hoyes
13) Spotlight- Jennifer Hudson
14) I’m Every Woman- Chaka Kahn
15) I Heard It Through the Grapevine- Marvin Gaye
16) I Got the Feeling- James Brown
17) That’s The Way Love Goes-Janet Jackson
18) Be Without You- Mary J Blige
19) Fallin’- Alicia Keys
20) What’s Love Got to Do With It- Tina Turner
Monday February 11
Although I feel that we should celebrate LOVE three hundred and sixty-five days a year, our culture has declared Valentine’s Day the official holiday to celebrate this wonderful and complex emotion. I feel that LOVE is the ultimate gift to give and receive. I’m listing my favorite love songs this week. There are truly so many songs to choose from but these songs hold a special place in my heart.
What are your favorite love songs that touch your soul?
1) With or Without You- U2
2) Book of Love- Peter Gabriel
3) Time after Time- Cyndi Lauper
4) A Heart Full of Love- Les Miserables
5) Ever The Same- Rob Thomas
6) Incomplete- Back Street Boys
7) Power of Love-Céline Dion
8) All of Me- John Legend
9) We Belong- Pat Benetar
10) All I Ask if You- Phantom of the Opera or Barbara Streisand
11)Time to Say Goodbye- Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman
12) Songbird- Fleetwood Mac
13) I Can’t Make You Love Me- Bonnie Raitt
14) She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5
15) I Just Called to Say I Love You- Stevie Wonder
16) The Story-Brandi Carlile
17) Perfect- Ed Sheehan and Beyoncé
18) Blood of Eden- Peter Gabriel
19) Crazy For You- Madonna
20) Rewrite The Stars- The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
Monday February 4
Super Bowl LIII is now over and the champions have been crowned! The New England Patriots did it again! Although the game wasn’t as exciting as I hoped it would be until the second half, it was still wonderful to see Tom Brady win his sixth title with his team! In honor of their hard work, this week’s playlist will feature bands or singers with some kind of connection to Boston! I sprinkled in some tunes from Maroon 5 who performed at Half Time. The Patriots definitely play with all heart!♥️♥️
1) Hangin’ Tough- New Kids on the Block
2) You’ve Got a Friend- James Taylor
3) Angel- Aerosmith
4) Move Like Jagger-Maroon 5
5) Bad Girl-Donna Summer
6) You Might Think- The Cars
7) Cool It Now-New Edition
8) Harder to Breathe-Maroon 5
9) Step By Step-NKOTB
10) Last Dance- Donna Summer
Monday January 18
Recently, I spoke about Lady Gaga’s openness to speak publicly about her struggle with Fibromyalgia. Everyone remembers Lady Gaga’s incredible performance at halftime during an unforgettable Super bowl a couple of years ago. She rocked the stadium and gave the world a memorable experience. She is also an incredible actress and has been getting rave reviews for her performance in the movie “A Star is Born”. In honor of her talent, this week’s playlist will feature some of her hits. your favorite Lady gaga song?
1) The Edge of Glory
2) Poker Face
4) Joanne (Where Do you Think You’re Goin’?)
5) Million Reasons
Monday January 14
MY YOGA MIX
Recently, I attended a Peloton yoga class and loved having some music play in the background as I connected with my mind and soul while strengthening my various muscle groups. Here are some songs that I love to listen to when I’m in my flow!
1) Wild One- Cat Stevens
2) Wonder Wall-Oasis
3) Send Me On My Way- Rusted Root
4) Cecilia- Simon and Garfunkel
5) Fumbling Towards Ecstasy- Sarah McLachlan
6) Someone That I Used To Know- Gotye
7) All of Me-John Legend
9) The Scientist- Cold Play
10) So Cruel- U2
11) In My Life- Beatles
Monday December 17
Alright, this is the last week to get that last minute shopping done and put the Christmas tree and décor up. At schools, there are Christmas/Holiday fairs and pageants which warms my heart! The holiday preparations can be exhausting but keep reminding yourself that there is a true meaning behind the holiday flurry of events. It’s been wonderful participating in holiday theme exercise classes these past few weeks to maintain the Christmas spirit and my joint flexibility during the winter season. Here are my remaining chosen holiday tunes to get me through this week. DID YOU MAKE IT TO THE NICE LIST THIS YEAR?
1) Miseltoe- Justin Bieber
2) The First Noel- Josh Groban
3) O Holy Night- Pentatonix
4) Feliz Navidad- Jose Feliciano
5) Happy Xmas (War is over)- John Lennon and Yoko Ono\
6) What Christmas Means to Me- Stevie Wonder
7) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- Harry Connick Jr.
8) Wonderful Christmastime-Paul McCartney
9) Silent Night-Indina Menzel
10) Joy to the World-Aretha Franklin
Monday December 10
THE HOLIDAY BEATS!
1) Last Christmas- Wham
2) Baby It’s Cold Outside- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
3) 8 Days of Christmas- Destiny’s Child
4) Mary Did You Know-Pentatonix
5) Jingle Bells- Barbara Streisand
6) I’ll Be Home For Christmas- Tony Bennett
7) River- Sarah McLachlan
8) Sleigh Ride- Harry Connick Jr.
9) Caroling, Caroling- Natalie Cole
10) My Favorite Things- Barbara Streisand or Julie Andrews
11) Have Yourself a Merry Little Chrristmas- Michael Buble
Monday December 3
IT’S BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE CHRISTMAS!
Thanksgiving came and went and immediately the next day the stores, restaurants, and offices had Christmas music blasting in the background. The famous Rockefeller tree has been lit and the Rockettes are kicking up their heels at Radio City Music Hall.
Although our ears will be saturated with Christmas music until the New Year, it is difficult not to start bopping along to our favorite carols. I’ll be listing my favorite Christmas tunes by different artists during the next two weeks. There are so many songs to choose from! It’s time to do that Jingle Bell Rock! What is your favorite tune?
1. It’s Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas/ Michael Bublé
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town- Bruce Springsteen
3. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Andy Williams
4. Christmas Time Is Here- Charlie Brown
5. All I Want For Christmas- Mariah Carey
6. The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus- Jackson 5
8. Little Drummer Boy- Pentatonix
9. Blue Christmas- Elvis
10. Let It Snow- Dean Martin
Monday November 26
I’m sure there are many of us who are having trouble getting motivated this Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday. I know I am especially after battling the long lines from Black Friday! I’ve decided to listen to some of the songs from my Thanksgiving Soul Cycle class which definitely lifted my spirits. I also saw the new movie “Bohemian Rhapsody” over the weekend which highlights the incredible music group, Queen. Amazing movie, Oscar worthy! Happy Cyber Monday!
1. I Want It That Way- Back street Boys
2. In My Head- Jason Derullo
3. We Will Rock You-Queen
4. This is Me- Greatest Showman Soundtrack
5. Behind Those Hazel Eyes- Kelly Clarkson
6. Somebody to Love-Queen
7. Thank U- Alanis Morrissette
8. Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
9. Mr. BrightSide- The Killers
10. Under Pressure-Queen
Monday November 19
Monday November 5
Monday October 29
It’s that time of year again when we all have the opportunity to channel another personality or character for one day. I’ll never forget watching Michael’s Jackson “ Thriller “video for the first time and being mesmerized by the dancing, costumes, acting and theatrics. It is the best song to get me in a spooky mood this week. So get into character and dance to this week’s haunted playlist! Happy Halloween everyone!
1. Thriller- Michael Jackson
2. Somebody’s Watching Me- Rockwell
3. Zombie- Cranberries
4. The Monster- Eminem and Rihanna
5. Ghostbusters- Ray Parker, Jr.
6. Demons- Imagine Dragons
7. E.T- Katy Perry
8. Take it Off- Ke$ha
9. Disturbia- Rihanna
Monday October 22nd
Everyone witnessed Justin Timberlake’s incredible performance at half time during this year’s unforgettable Super bowl. One of my favorite experience was going to a JT concert a few years ago and watching him on SNL. I’m looking forward to going his show again! In honor of his extraordinary talent, this week’s playlist will feature the lovable JT’s hits. It’s time to dance like a teenager! What’s your favorite JT song?
1) Cry Me a River
2) Man of the Woods
3) Sexy Back
4) Love Stoned
5) Suit and Tie
6) What Goes Around
7) Rock Your Body
8) My Love
9) Like I Love You
10) What Goes Around…Comes Around
Monday October 15th
A few years ago, I saw Adam Levine and Maroon 5 perform at Madison Square Garden and the performance blew my mind. I recently was fortunate enough to share this same experience with my two best girlfriends and attend an amazing performance where I literally sang every song and didn’t sit down once throughout the show.
This band has a way of just mesmerizing you with talent and getting you on your feet! Watching Adam Levine strut his stuff and “Move like Jagger” while playing a hot pink electric guitar to Michael Jackson’s “Rock with You” and other original songs was a highlight of my year!
It felt so good to let my hair down and enjoy the amazing moment with my close friends. There are so many electrifying wonderful songs from this band but this Monday, I’m kicking off the week with my personal favorites. Thank you Adam Levine and Maroon 5 for making me sing and dance my heart out!
2. What Lovers Do
3. One More Night
4. Harder to Breathe
5. Love Somebody
7. Girls Like You
9. She Will Be Loved
10. Moves Like Jagger
Monday October 8th
From time to time, I’ll post my song picks on a Monday to kick start the week! There will be some eclectic music including fast and slow songs to create a good mix. Please send your favorite song suggestions and tune in to see if your song makes it on the list!
Every person on this planet has gone through some difficult time in his or her life. That is a common thing that unites us all. Through adversity, we become stronger. Sometimes an obstacle or difficult phase in one’s life may lead each one of us to challenge ourselves to reinvent ourselves to become the person we want to be. This week’s playlist is dedicated to anyone who has risen above the hardship despite the odds and for those who are still facing that hardship, hang in there, endure and keep moving forward. There is beauty for ashes at the end of all the pain! There are so many songs I could choose from, but these songs have gotten me through some tough periods. Throw out a suggestion and I’ll make sure your song makes it on a future playlist!
I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor
2) Survivor-Destiny’s Child
3) Fight Song- Rachel Platen
4) Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
5) Defying Gravity- Wicked the Musical
6) Hall of Fame- The Script
7) Don’t Give Up-Peter Gabriel
8) Brave- Sara Bareilles
9) Let It Be- Beattles
10) ROAR-Katy Perry