We all know that music has incredible power when it comes to our mood and energy. The right song can change the outlook of your day or how you feel especially when you’re getting your life on track.
Monday January 14
MY YOGA MIX
Recently, I attended a Peloton yoga class and loved having some music play in the background as I connected with my mind and soul while strengthening my various muscle groups. Here are some songs that I love to listen to when I’m in my flow!
1) Wild One- Cat Stevens
2) Wonder Wall-Oasis
3) Send Me On My Way- Rusted Root
4) Cecilia- Simon and Garfunkel
5) Fumbling Towards Ecstasy- Sarah McLachlan
6) Someone That I Used To Know- Gotye
7) All of Me-John Legend
9) The Scientist- Cold Play
10) So Cruel- U2
11) In My Life- BeatlesWHAT MAKES ME HAPPY?I can think of a million things that can bring a smile to my face but I’ll just mention a few to kick off the week!1) Hearing my daughter say “Momma”.2) Warm hugs from my daughter, niece and nephew.3) Spending time with my parents, siblings and extended family.3) Hot chocolate with marshmallow on a winter day.4) Dipping my toes in the sand and looking at the ocean.5) Watching an amazing musical or play on Broadway in NYC!6) Discussing life, love and everything else in between with my best girl friends over bunch or dinner.7) Making someone else smile.8) Figure skating, playing tennis and running outdoors!9) A long massage at a spa.10) Being in Paris or Poistano, Italy.11) Dancing anywhere or anytime and CONCERTS!12) Watching the “Notebook”, “Sound of Music”, “Scandal” or anything with Zac Efron in it!13) Looking at an inspiring piece of art.14) A great SOUL CYCLE or kickboxing class!15) Holding babies!!16) Reading a page turner.17) Learning about different cultures.18) An unexpected snow day!19) Meditating….Being still sometimes.20) Falling in love..
Monday December 17
Alright, this is the last week to get that last minute shopping done and put the Christmas tree and décor up. At schools, there are Christmas/Holiday fairs and pageants which warms my heart! The holiday preparations can be exhausting but keep reminding yourself that there is a true meaning behind the holiday flurry of events. It’s been wonderful participating in holiday theme exercise classes these past few weeks to maintain the Christmas spirit and my joint flexibility during the winter season. Here are my remaining chosen holiday tunes to get me through this week. DID YOU MAKE IT TO THE NICE LIST THIS YEAR?
1) Miseltoe- Justin Bieber
2) The First Noel- Josh Groban
3) O Holy Night- Pentatonix
4) Feliz Navidad- Jose Feliciano
5) Happy Xmas (War is over)- John Lennon and Yoko Ono\
6) What Christmas Means to Me- Stevie Wonder
7) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer- Harry Connick Jr.
8) Wonderful Christmastime-Paul McCartney
9) Silent Night-Indina Menzel
10) Joy to the World-Aretha Franklin
Monday December 10
THE HOLIDAY BEATS!
1) Last Christmas- Wham
2) Baby It’s Cold Outside- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
3) 8 Days of Christmas- Destiny’s Child
4) Mary Did You Know-Pentatonix
5) Jingle Bells- Barbara Streisand
6) I’ll Be Home For Christmas- Tony Bennett
7) River- Sarah McLachlan
8) Sleigh Ride- Harry Connick Jr.
9) Caroling, Caroling- Natalie Cole
10) My Favorite Things- Barbara Streisand or Julie Andrews
11) Have Yourself a Merry Little Chrristmas- Michael Buble
Monday December 3
IT’S BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE CHRISTMAS!
Thanksgiving came and went and immediately the next day the stores, restaurants, and offices had Christmas music blasting in the background. The famous Rockefeller tree has been lit and the Rockettes are kicking up their heels at Radio City Music Hall.
Although our ears will be saturated with Christmas music until the New Year, it is difficult not to start bopping along to our favorite carols. I’ll be listing my favorite Christmas tunes by different artists during the next two weeks. There are so many songs to choose from! It’s time to do that Jingle Bell Rock! What is your favorite tune?
1. It’s Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas/ Michael Bublé
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town- Bruce Springsteen
3. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Andy Williams
4. Christmas Time Is Here- Charlie Brown
5. All I Want For Christmas- Mariah Carey
6. The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus- Jackson 5
8. Little Drummer Boy- Pentatonix
9. Blue Christmas- Elvis
10. Let It Snow- Dean Martin
Monday November 26
I’m sure there are many of us who are having trouble getting motivated this Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday. I know I am especially after battling the long lines from Black Friday! I’ve decided to listen to some of the songs from my Thanksgiving Soul Cycle class which definitely lifted my spirits. I also saw the new movie “Bohemian Rhapsody” over the weekend which highlights the incredible music group, Queen. Amazing movie, Oscar worthy! Happy Cyber Monday!
1. I Want It That Way- Back street Boys
2. In My Head- Jason Derullo
3. We Will Rock You-Queen
4. This is Me- Greatest Showman Soundtrack
5. Behind Those Hazel Eyes- Kelly Clarkson
6. Somebody to Love-Queen
7. Thank U- Alanis Morrissette
8. Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
9. Mr. BrightSide- The Killers
10. Under Pressure-Queen
Monday November 19
Monday November 5
Monday October 29
It’s that time of year again when we all have the opportunity to channel another personality or character for one day. I’ll never forget watching Michael’s Jackson “ Thriller “video for the first time and being mesmerized by the dancing, costumes, acting and theatrics. It is the best song to get me in a spooky mood this week. So get into character and dance to this week’s haunted playlist! Happy Halloween everyone!
1. Thriller- Michael Jackson
2. Somebody’s Watching Me- Rockwell
3. Zombie- Cranberries
4. The Monster- Eminem and Rihanna
5. Ghostbusters- Ray Parker, Jr.
6. Demons- Imagine Dragons
7. E.T- Katy Perry
8. Take it Off- Ke$ha
9. Disturbia- Rihanna
Monday October 22nd
Everyone witnessed Justin Timberlake’s incredible performance at half time during this year’s unforgettable Super bowl. One of my favorite experience was going to a JT concert a few years ago and watching him on SNL. I’m looking forward to going his show again! In honor of his extraordinary talent, this week’s playlist will feature the lovable JT’s hits. It’s time to dance like a teenager! What’s your favorite JT song?
1) Cry Me a River
2) Man of the Woods
3) Sexy Back
4) Love Stoned
5) Suit and Tie
6) What Goes Around
7) Rock Your Body
8) My Love
9) Like I Love You
10) What Goes Around…Comes Around
Monday October 15th
A few years ago, I saw Adam Levine and Maroon 5 perform at Madison Square Garden and the performance blew my mind. I recently was fortunate enough to share this same experience with my two best girlfriends and attend an amazing performance where I literally sang every song and didn’t sit down once throughout the show.
This band has a way of just mesmerizing you with talent and getting you on your feet! Watching Adam Levine strut his stuff and “Move like Jagger” while playing a hot pink electric guitar to Michael Jackson’s “Rock with You” and other original songs was a highlight of my year!
It felt so good to let my hair down and enjoy the amazing moment with my close friends. There are so many electrifying wonderful songs from this band but this Monday, I’m kicking off the week with my personal favorites. Thank you Adam Levine and Maroon 5 for making me sing and dance my heart out!
2. What Lovers Do
3. One More Night
4. Harder to Breathe
5. Love Somebody
7. Girls Like You
9. She Will Be Loved
10. Moves Like Jagger
Monday October 8th
From time to time, I’ll post my song picks on a Monday to kick start the week! There will be some eclectic music including fast and slow songs to create a good mix. Please send your favorite song suggestions and tune in to see if your song makes it on the list!
Every person on this planet has gone through some difficult time in his or her life. That is a common thing that unites us all. Through adversity, we become stronger. Sometimes an obstacle or difficult phase in one’s life may lead each one of us to challenge ourselves to reinvent ourselves to become the person we want to be. This week’s playlist is dedicated to anyone who has risen above the hardship despite the odds and for those who are still facing that hardship, hang in there, endure and keep moving forward. There is beauty for ashes at the end of all the pain! There are so many songs I could choose from, but these songs have gotten me through some tough periods. Throw out a suggestion and I’ll make sure your song makes it on a future playlist!
I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor
2) Survivor-Destiny’s Child
3) Fight Song- Rachel Platen
4) Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
5) Defying Gravity- Wicked the Musical
6) Hall of Fame- The Script
7) Don’t Give Up-Peter Gabriel
8) Brave- Sara Bareilles
9) Let It Be- Beattles
10) ROAR-Katy Perry